Sustainable Seafood Data Tool
The Certification & Ratings Collaboration’s Sustainable Seafood Data Tool compiles information from multiple sources about environmental performance and human rights abuses and risks in global seafood production. The tool has two components:
- Environmental Performance. Launched in 2019 and most recently updated in 2023, this component of the data tool consolidates data from six global certification and ratings programs to provide a comprehensive overview of environmental sustainability progress and priority areas for improvement in global seafood. The next update is expected in fall 2024.
- Human Rights Abuses and Risks. Launched in 2023, this component of the data tool compiles information from credible government and civil society reports to provide a snapshot of evidence and risks of human rights abuses in the seafood sectors of 92 seafood-producing countries.
The Collaboration hopes a range of actors in the sustainable seafood movement will use the Sustainable Seafood Data Tool, including:
- National, regional, and global policymakers, to inform policy decisions about resource management and human rights protections.
- Public and private funders, to identify improvement priorities for funding.
- Seafood businesses, to identify areas of environmental and human rights risk and opportunities to advocate for improvements.
- Collaborations, to monitor progress and identify opportunities for collective action that advances environmental and social responsibility in global seafood.
We welcome feedback and questions about the data tool. To ask a question or make a suggestion, please contact us.
If you would like to receive updates about the tool, including when data is updated, please use the form below to sign up for email updates.